

On Monday David Michael was introduced to tummy time, and boy does he not like it! The doctor said he should be on his tummy for ten minutes, three times a day. Daddy helped him by distracting him with music. David Michael loves listening to Daddy play his guitar. In fact, second to nursing, I would say it is his favorite activity.
He also tried out his swing, which he wasn’t so happy with (don’t worry after a week or so he got to liking it as well.)
Since it seemed like he was having trouble distinguishing night and day, we read up on some great tips. First, give him two distinct places to sleep – one for day time and one for night time. I think this may be helping.
Another funny thing happened. Stuart brought the baby to me and said, “I think he wants to eat.” I said, “What’s new? He always wants to eat!” Stuart looked at David and said, “Is that true? Do you always want to eat?” David started shaking his head back and forth as if to say no, but really he was rooting around to find a source of food!!! Then I said, “See, the boy is avarice!” Stuart asked David if he was a glutton and – no joke- David Michael let out a noise that sounded very much like “Yeah.” Hilarious. Of course, probably not as funny on the blog as in person!
1 comment:
how sweet and wonderful that he likes his daddy's music!!
Post a Comment