Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 4 - Sunday


Saturday night was a little rough. Not too bad though. Just a good transition to reality! When Stuart left for Mass and I found myself alone with the baby, I started crying again! I just felt terrified in a way and very sad that Stuart wasn’t with me to take care of this guy. In reality, he wasn’t gone but for a couple of hours and my Mom and Dad were on their way over to stay with me.

When they got there, I started crying again. Just who was the baby here anyway?!? I guess that is the emotions of a first timer. Mom made a great breakfast casserole for us, and later in the day Father Hayes came to bring me the Eucharist.

It was very generous of him to do that. Plus, he blessed and prayed over David Michael. We’ll be scheduling his baptism soon. Father Hayes was good company – we had many discussions with him and my parents about the civil war and what not. Very interesting.

Father Hayes even offered to burp David Michael and then he easily swayed the little tyke to sleep! I told Father that David Michael likes to eat a lot. Father said, “Avarice starts at an early age!” How funny.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

you are doing so well at keeping up with blogging about this little guys life! too cool! keep it up and then one day you can make one of those books that transfers all of your blog into a nice binded book.... TA-DA! Your baby book will be done! :P